It’s that time again! I’m joining the fantastic “Friday Five” linkup hosted by Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up For WHAT?!, and Mar at Mar On The Run to share five things that bring a smile to my face. Be sure to check out these three awesome DC area bloggers for some great content around food, workouts, and fun!
There are so many things in life that make me happy so it was pretty hard to narrow it down to just five. I decided to go with the first five things that came to mind (in no particular order) so here goes nothing…
1) Great food and drinks… like chocolate milk! (I bet you didn’t expect that!) While I do enjoy a quality meal and a nice adult beverage, sometimes it’s just about the simple things. A nice cold chocolate milk reminds me of being a kid, tastes amazing, and is a great way to recover after a long run! What more could you ask for?!?!
2) My amazing, crazy family. While every family has their ups and downs, my family is sure to bring a huge smile to my face. Knowing that my husband and I have been blessed with two beautiful, healthy babies is all I could ask for in life. Having recently seen my Dad fight through cancer and two major surgeries and come out on the other side making a wonderful recovery thus far makes me so happy I could cry. Memories of my entire family enjoying a fire at the beach will always bring me joy. At the end of the day, it’s family first for this girl.
3) Lacing up my sneakers. There is nothing more satisfying to me than putting on my Asics and heading out for an early morning run. It always starts my day off right and leaves me feeling ready for whatever lies ahead. When I run, I am reminded that anything is possible, that I am free, that my body is an amazing machine, that I am alive, that everything is going to be alright. THAT makes me happy!
4) My first baby…a furry one! Before we had kids, we had Stanley, our Polish Lowland Sheepdog. He truly is an unconditional best friend. He watches out for my family like no other. He is always here to greet me with a jump and a big kiss when I get home. He doesn’t ask any questions when I’m upset. He knows just when to sit by my side. Even though there are times I wish he would stop barking and herding my kids around the house, he is THE BEST!
5) Online shopping with Amazon Prime. Sounds so shallow that this one of the things that makes me happy right? Oh well. It just is. The convenience factor of ordering things online from the comfort of…well anywhere really…is exactly what I need with a one and two year old running around day in and day out. Not having to bring them in and out of entirely too many stores each day makes it completely worth the annual fee. Not to mention getting free shipping and having everything arrive at my doorstep within two days. Yes please!!! (BIG SMILE!)
What makes you happy?